Katherine Calnan is an award winning published photographer and an Accredited Professional Photographer with the Professional Photographers of Canada (PPOC).
Specializing in Fashion, Celebrity, Commercial, Corporate Portrait photography and based in Calgary, Alberta. She works with brands, multinational companies, individual professionals, private clients, sports and entertainment celebrities, as well as model agencies accross Canada
She has both a Business and an Economics degrees from the University of Calgary. She then furthered her education in photography taking courses in Canada, USA and the UK. After many years in the oil and gas industry she transitioned into the world of professional photography.
She spent a large part of her life in advanced competitive figure skating, ballet and dance. Katherine is also a black belt in Shotokan with further training in Ninjutsu and close quarter combat.
Her studio serves Calgary and surrounding areas. She travels extensively across Canada and the USA following her passion for photography and also covers assignments in Europe.
Photos can be a very personal and private experience and Katherine excels at making you feel confident, relaxed and positive while giving you beautiful lasting images that will endure the tests of time.
What they say
Beyond amazing!!! There really isn’t much else to say other than speechless!!!
– Andrea Marsh
- I love shooting with Katherine. I have had the wonderful opportunity to model for Katherine now and have only been elated with the final product. I love her photography style and always feel comfortable in shoots. She has a wonderful eye and beautiful finished products. Would highly recommend.
– Brit Bee
Wonderful. Katherine is genuine and warm kind and lovely. I attended a class on the basics of photography and could not be more satisfied. There was a good balance of piratical hands on opportunities and theoretical learning. Professional models were brought in as a part of the experience providing an amazing opportunity to practice. I am very impressed and will be attending more classes in the future.
– Ardash Crowfoot
Katherine is absolutely incredible!…You will not regret hiring Katherine to capture your special occasion, and I can’t wait to work with her again! Thank you Katherine!!
– Tammy Cho
- I met Katherine at the Women’s Show last year, and had this great opportunity to connect with her on a fun fashion shoot. Katherine is an amazingly, gifted photographer with a creative edge. She manages to capture great shots and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Thank you Katherine for the beautiful photos!!
– Telisha Schlaht
- We’ve had the privilege of working with Katherine for contemporary portraits, maternity, baby, event and family photos. She’s profession and courteous and makes you feel confident in front of the lens. We’re always thrilled with the results as she continually captured our memories beautifully.
– Matt L
- She took the time to explain the light and angles, which made it easier for a novice to learn how to work with the camera and help her out with the difficult task of getting a lovely photo of me. Katherine worked magic and gave me some wonderful shots.
- I’ve worked with Katherine a few times…and Katherine’s beautiful personality, professionalism, friendly-ness, eye for detail, and glamorous style is truly incredible. As a model, blogger, and actress pictures are key to my success. She has taken the most incredible headshots for my acting – and amazing photos to add to my model portfolio. She knows how to get the best shot every time I’m blown away that she captures my best side.
The pictures turned out amazing… One of the best photographers I’ve worked with in a while and she can make working in the scorching sun fun.
– Juliaa A